Ahh, another bank holiday weekend. Even though I have been working and today is my only day off, its still nice to have a shorter working week at my other job. And, bonus above all other bonus’ its sunny here! Gotta look on the bright side!
So without further ado…
1. The Royal Wedding. It was insane here, I only watched it on TV but there were plenty of people just around where I live with flags and what have you out having parties. It was really something to watch all those people surge up the Mall (in a controlled fashion of course!) It made me quite proud to be British that we celebrated their day with them and nothing happen to ruin it. I was quite convinced that there would be some sort of loud attention grabbing protest or something in that ilk. But to see everyone out there genuinely happy for this young couple, who seem so obviously in love, celebrating their day and love with them; it was a moment, and I’m proud to have witnessed it.
2. On a less grand, but no less important to me moment I had a fantastic dinner out with some of James’ and mines friends last night. I had cod, I rarely eat fish so its quite nice to have something different that I can’t cook myself when we go out.
3. James brought these fantastic ornamental grasses for our balcony and it looks so nice out there now.
4. See point one, as a special dinner on the day of the wedding, James cooked the most amazing and epic steak and ale pie. It was so delicious.
5. OMG!!! Doctor Who!!! The last two episodes have been sooooo good. I don’t know how Steven Moffatt does it, but that mans imagination is a force to be reckoned with. Spectacular!
6. I’ve finished some fab books recently… post to come I assure you!
7. I managed to get some sweet flower pattern sneakers from work for 1/2 price minus my staff discount… can’t say better than that!
Hope you have a fantastic week!