So I was bored the other night, James was out and I was left alone with my sewing machine…. I wonder what happened! About 3 years ago I brought this very ugly, 3 sizes too big dress for the grand total of £3, meaning to do something with it.
I thought the colours were nice and had considered turning it in to a skirt, and only 3 years later, I got round to it! The dress had a zipper up the side which I wanted to preserve because I didn’t have another one in my stash, and I’m not very good at putting them in any way.
This is what I came up with…
In order to preserve the zipper the skirt has a deep fold over at the waist band which I added a sash to. I cut the bodice of the dress off and re hemmed the raw edge. I then had to take the side opposite to the zipper in a little so it fit snugly round my hips and added the sash.
I am really pleased with how this turned out. For £3 and about 45mins I now have a nice new summer skirt. Now if only the weather would start co-operating with me!